We just had homecoming 2 weeks ago and I re-styled a few dresses. This one was a lovely dress to begin with, but she wanted it to look more like this one,To the left, with short sleeves and shorter length.
It had a Lycra stretch, back panel for the back.
With the extra fabric and lining I cut from the length, I was able to make shoulder and sleeve pieces. Sewing sequins is never easy but luckily very forgiving!
This is my sewing table with the dress in progress.
The finished dress. I love how it came out! The style and cut flatter her so much. I was able to use the Lycra sections from the back for a whole back panel, it now covers her bra and helps shape the dress better than the thin straps that were there.
The finished dress. I love love love how this turned how so well for this girl. I tapered the silhouette a bit for a more fitted look as well.
This next dress, was a beautiful strapless dress as well, all it needed was some sleeves and luckily came with a shawl that I used for that.
The dress after, I did wide straps almost a cap sleeve, and a band across the back to keep straps up and hide her bra.
The side and front, it looked so much better with the straps.
Another where I added sleeves. I don't know if we took a before photo, (I'm trying to get better about that!)