Jumpers, Part 2

There always seem to be more reasons why jumpers are so cute! I found the print for this jumper and fell in love! I made this for my daughter in April so she could wear it this fall and winter. Ironically The Children's Place is going through the same color palette so we're right on trend, yeah! The solid fabric is actually a knit, and the print is a flannel, and they work perfectly together. I wanted to upper bodice to have some stretch and I already had the knit, and they looked great together, so a match was made!
I lined the bodice and just used two white snaps for the closure, I try and make sure all children's clothing are easy to put on and take off.

I wanted this to be long enough that it would fit her at least two years. So I made the skirt tiered so it had some detail, and the pockets were an after thought, since my daughter loves pockets!


I had this fabric for years before I could decide what to do with it. It's a light turquoise with brown, rose, and green floral print. And my youngest needed a jumper that had multiple colors to work with her wardrobe, and this worked well. It is a lightweight corduroy, of which is a great fall/winter fabric. The front pocket are a must for my little girl. She loves to store whatever she has in her pocket! It's a bib style top and snap closure again, this is such an easy way for kids clothes! I finished it with a Burgundy bias trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment