Summer (Wrap-up) Dress

I'm always on the hunt for a comfortable, cute, easy to wear dress. While roaming through JoAnn's in June, I came across a multi-colored chevron knit.  I took one look and wondered could I really wear this much color at once?! Lol, anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE color! 
I knew I had a wrap dress pattern at home so off I went. I used Butterick B5862, but with my own modifications. I don't like wraps that don't go around the body. Why have the back of the dress have no detail or even look like a wrap? 


This is the front and back view of the original dress from the pattern. 



My changes were to not have the loop in the front holding the wrapped front piece, shorten the sleeves slightly, and speaking of the front wrapped piece, I wanted it to go all the way around my front and side, I added two long darts in the back and had the wrap go into one, so it wrapped from the left side in the front all the way around to the right and back. 




I did take out the original gathering at the neckline and folded it under to make a smoother shoulder and  interesting folds with the v neck. 



The gathered wrap piece at my waist goes right into the side dart shown here. 







Neckline detail, I love how it's slightly asymmetrical and I can adjust the cinch around the waist and how deep the v of the neck can be. The print is awesome!!!





 It feels like a t-shirt and I've already worn it several times. New fave summer dress! What is yours? What summer sewing have you done? 

No comments:

Post a Comment